We know you are working long and busy shifts, and sometimes have barely enough time to sleep, let alone work out. Here’s a few fitness tips from Dr. Christine Vu to help you squeeze in some moments to take care of yourself.
- Create a color-coordinated schedule. Easy access, visibility & a creative aesthetic helps you feel joy in your plans!
- Start every morning with calm & peaceful energy.
- Make slow and steady moves. (Perseverance will make you stronger.)
- Smile, connect with people & have fun! (Accountability from your community is always the best motivation.)
- Have a winning attitude about fitness. (Be deliberate & connect with what’s most important to you by reminding yourself why you started a fitness journey in the first place.)
Do these 5 tips every day for 30 days and you will hit your health & wellness goals without a doubt.
We also asked Dr. Vu to share with us her favorite quick-and-easy recipes that keep her going during her busy work week. Here are a few of her favorite well-balanced (and delicious!) meals.
For breakfast I like to use all organic ingredients (and no preservatives) as eating as many raw ingredients as possible. I never limit myself however, and never call it a “diet”.
Avo Toast & Eggs
Scrambled egg whites
Large handful of arugula (or any type of greens)
1 piece of whole grain toast
For lunch or dinner I like to base the size of meal off of my energy needs (ie. whether I’m craving carbs, protein, or needing extra vitamins/minerals). The size of my meal usually correlates to how busy my agenda is for that day.
Mixed greens (Darker greens = more nutrients)
1 handful of cherry tomatoes
1 cup Beans (Black, pinto or garbanzo beans are my favorite!)
Protein of your choice (optional & can vary between fish, chicken, beef or tofu)
1 cup rice of your choice (optional)
Top with cilantro dressing
Dr. Christine Vu’s Homemade Dressing
1 cup vinegar
1 cup olive oil
Quarter of a lemon (juiced)
Handful of chopped cilantro
Salt & Pepper to taste
Healthy Meal Prep Tip: Make a larger batch of your own homemade dressing to refrigerate and use on your salads all week.